What are soft services in facilities management?
- There’s nothing specific called “Soft Services” as part of Facilities Management.
- However, in any discipline/business entity, Soft Skills is a known set of skills that are required for each successful and competent professional, such as:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time Management Skills,
- And many others.
What is housekeeping in facilities management?
Housekeeping takes care of all the activities inside an apartment or office or even a common/shared area, such as:
- Changing table cloth or bed linen
- Posting informational notices when and where needed
- Clearing and verifying the closure of maintenance work orders
- Other relevant activities as the need may arise
Is cleaning part of facility management
- Cleaning of all common/shared areas is usually a part of facility management, including collection and disposal of trash on a daily basis.
- Cleaning inside apartments is only limited to shared areas in shared housing and is not conducted at all if housing is single (to be done by the tenant in that case)
Learn more about our Facilities Services.