What is security in facilities management
Security in Facilities Management include, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Keeping a 24/7 guard service for all entry and exit point of a facility.
- Maintaining a 24/7 surveillance for internal and external areas of a facility through a competent system (Cameras and recording capability).
- Handling and reporting any facility Security violations whether by tenants or external parties.
What are the main goals of facility security management?
- Maintaining safety in each building
- Protecting each building from possible threats or hazards
- Providing assurance for tenants of the level of Security that is provided in their residence.
How can you have good facility security management?
- Security guards must be healthy and aware.
- Security team must be trained on handling both regular and difficult situations.
- Surveillance systems must be up to date, and well maintained
- Surveillance systems must cover all vital areas that could represent a Security threat.
- Surveillance systems must be well attended daily.
- Security threats must be observed, analyzed and addressed promptly to avoid a threat from becoming a reality.
Learn more about our Facilities Services.