What is Project Staffing
Project staffing is all the activities KRH Human Resources take to source adequately qualified employees for the respective projects awarded to us. It includes local and overseas recruiting, deployment to the country where the project is being implemented and maintenance of the full employment life cycle, until the employee eventually is separated from KRH.
What is the importance of staffing?
Staffing is the tool that starts any KRH project that is built in providing manpower. Proper and timely staffing enables KRH to deliver the rest of its services (Sponsorship, Housing, Transportation and Camps Operations)
What are staffing requirements in project management
Staffing requirements vary from one project to the other. It could be purely vocational (like carpenters, plumbers, electricians, etc.), or vary to include administrative positions such as Admin. Assistants, Quality Auditors, etc.
It could also vary according to the sector in which the project at hand is being executed.
How do you do Project Staffing (Process of Staffing)
Project staffing undergoes the following main steps:
- Checking requirements of the project, for which staffing is required
- Scrutinizing our database of talents for existing resumes that match the requirements
- If some talents are not available in our Talent Bank, an Ad is designed and customized to source for the required positions
- Candidates are communicated and either in-person or online interviews are held by our recruiting experts
- Once candidates are shortlisted, final selections is done and employment/deployment procedures begin
Factors affecting staffing
Staffing is usually affected by several factors such as:
- Availability of required talents locally or overseas
- Timeliness of required staffing to enable timely project launch
- Local and/or international laws, rules and regulations that might affect possibility of staffing and ease/speed of deployment
- Other elements specific to the nature of each project